NARMC Crawdad Days 5k Information
REGISTER ONLINE OR Download Registration Form to Mail
Results will be uploaded as soon as possible after the race.
Go to www.runsignup.com for results!
PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY
Crawdad Days 2017 5K Run/Walk Information Sheet
Saturday, May 20th, 2017, 8:00 a.m. SHARP
• Pre-Registration is from now until Friday, April 21st. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• Absolutely no registrations accepted by phone or fax, due to the fact that money is collected at the time of registration.
• We will be holding an early Pick Up/Registration on Friday, May 19th, from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. at the First National Bank Soccer Complex. If you pre-registered by Friday, April 21st, you may pick up your t-shirt, bib number, and timing chip at that time. If you have not pre-registered, you may register and pick up your bib number and timing chip, day of fees will apply.
• If you take advantage of the early pick-up, each pre-registered participant must sign for their own t-shirt, & bib number. If you do not pre-register, you can register on race day from 7:00 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. at the First National Bank Soccer Complex Concession Area. Registration will be cut off at 7:45 a.m.
• 5K Divisions will be: Runner: Male, Runner: Female, Walker: Male, Walker: Female.
• Age Groups for 5K: 10 and under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, and 65 & Over
• 5K awards will be presented to Overall Male (Walker and Runner) and Overall Female (Walker and Runner) and to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place participants in each age division for walkers and runners. Also, each participant 10 and under will receive a finisher’s medal.
• Only entry forms that are post-marked on or before Friday, April 21st will receive a shirt on race day – Saturday, May 20th. All entries post-marked after April 21st will get their shirts mailed to them after the race.
• If you pick up your bib on Friday, May 19th, you must bring it with you to the race. If you forget your bib, you cannot compete in the race. You may still participate, just not compete. No exceptions. When you sign for your t-shirt, & bib number, the day prior to the race, you are stating that you understand that if you forget your bib on race day, you will not be able to compete.
• All participants and friends/family members must park vehicles in the Junior High School parking lot. Parking is not allowed in the soccer field parking lot due to the location of the race finish line.
• Shirts – all 5K participants will receive a Crawdad Days Run/Walk T-shirt. Additional T-shirts may be purchased for $12 each, $10.00 for kids. (Size subject to availability).
• Please place your race number on the FRONT of your shirt. Pin to your shirt using the two large holes at the top of the bib. DO NOT pin the bottom hole.
• Timing chip must be affixed to your shoelace with the zip tie provided. It must lay flat on the top of your shoe for best results. Please do not swap timing chips with anyone. Results will be calculated by chip time. Once you cross finish line, please do not exit the funneling area until your timing chip has been cut off by a race official.
• DO NOT remove your race number from the FRONT of your shirt at any time, even after you finish the race. We need these left on for winning photos.
• DO NOT tear off the tag on the bottom of your race number. This is torn off as you cross the finish line.
• There will be a ONE MINUTE delay between the start of the runners and walkers.
• Walkers CANNOT run. Any walker that jogs or runs any portion of the race will be disqualified from the walking competition.
• Walkers CANNOT sprint to the finish line.
• Runners CAN walk.
• Always stay to the right of the trail; runners CAN pass on the left. Walkers PLEASE yield to runners.
• There will be two water stations along the course and one at the finish line. Refreshments will also be available at the finish line.
• When crossing the finish line, stay in order.
• You can only cross the finish line one time.
• ABSOLUTELY NO FRIENDS OR FAMILY MEMBERS ARE ALLOWED IN THE FINISH LINE FUNNELING AREA. They are welcome to stay off to the side to see you cross the finish line and to take pictures, but not in front of the finish line. This causes too much congestion. PLEASE make them aware of this.
• There will be no ties; someone must win when crossing the finish line.
• A large clock will be displaying your time at approximately half way, 1.5 miles. Walkers remember take a minute off since you started a minute after runners. Same thing at finish line clock.
• Watch for race guides along the course for questions, directions, and encouragement. They will have VOLUNTEER written on the back of their T-shirts.
• NO PETS
• Crawdad Crawl – This race is for kids 0-4 and 5-9. This race will begin immediately following the 5K Run/Walk at 9:15 a.m. Parents may accompany young children. A t-shirt is not included, but may be purchased for $10.00. This event is free if pre-registered by April 21st. It will be $3.00 after April 21st.
Corporate Team Information
• Registration cut off for Corporate Team Members is April 21st; you may not add any additional team members to your team after April 21st for completion total and competition purposes.
• You must appoint a Team Captain to be the contact person for their team.
• You must have a MINIMUM of 20 runners/walkers to compete as a team. This 20 can be comprised of family and friends. (Crawl participants CANNOT count towards your 20.)
• Discount on entry fee: $15.00 – Entry fee includes a T-shirt.
• We must receive entry forms for all 20+ Corporate Team members at the same time. Please wait until you have all participants’ forms and money before bringing/mailing them in.
• Corporate Teams are not eligible for online registration.
• CORPORATE TEAMS ARE ALLOWED TO PICK UP THEIR T-SHIRTS BUT NOT THEIR BIB NUMBERS ON FRIDAY NIGHT, DUE TO THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE TO CHECK-IN ON SATURDAY MORNING, TO BE COUNTED, AT THAT TIME YOU CAN PICK UP YOUR BIB.
• CORPORATE TEAM PARTICIPANTS MUST CHECK IN SATURDAY MORNING IN THE SOCCER FIELD!!!!!
• Winning team will be the one with the most participants that PARTICIPATE in the race, not the team with the most signed up. There will be a FIRST, SECOND, & THIRD place plaque presented for corporate teams.
The course will go along the walking path by Lake Harrison, then go left at the spillway taking the path out to the streets coming back around the square across the Hwy 65 bridge, in front of T’s BBQ, back down into the Jr High parking lot and then back onto the walking path. The course begins and ends at the Soccer Complex. (Course subject to change.)
Chip Time vs. Gun Time Information
The 2007 USATF Rule 245.1 states "The order in which the athletes cross the finish line will be the official finish position." Further, Rule 245.3 - regarding transponder timing - "the actual time elapsed between an athlete reaching the starting line and finish line can be made known to the athlete, but will not be considered as official time." In short, official time per USATF rule is gun time. (Time starts when gun fires.)
Also, USATF Rule 165.16 covers the use of transponder timing systems (i.e., the chip) and Rule 165.16(h) states that "times for other competitors will be adjusted, based on the official winning time." In other words, "chip" timing cannot be used for official time(s) nor records unless the "chip" time is properly adjusted (i.e., gun time).